Friday, August 29, 2008

freecycling

I had recently read an brief article about "freecycling", basically the concept is recycling by giving stuff away for free. There are online groups everywhere using email posting to "OFFER", "WANTED" and "TAKEN" items. I just signed on to a group in my area, immediately found a "WANTED" offer for something I had gathering dust in the garage for years! Then I posted "OFFER" items for a couple of other small items and within 10 minutes!! I had people emailing wanted those items. Whew! I have yet to make and actual freecycle transaction, so I will let you know how that works out.

While I love the idea of freecycling, I cannot but help wonder if I am getting suckered, that there are people simply getting stuff for free from suckers like me then turning around and selling it on eBay. Well, I guess in the end it doesn't matter that much because I don't really want to try to get rid of this small dollar stuff on eBay or Craigslist myself anyway.