Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rocking on

DH has been making good use of his spring break from teaching. The man has probably moved several tons of rock by himself in the last week alone!
He called me from the rockyard to ask what kind of rocks I wanted;
me: "the brown ones"

DH: "they're all brown, honey, they're rocks!"

me: "just don't get the gray ones, get the brownest ones."

DH: long sigh "OK, what size?"

me: thinking out loud "oven size is probably too big, toaster size is too small, how about several the size of the microwave?"

DH: "yes, dear"

God, how I love this man!!

The dogs are checking out the placement of the "microwave size" pee mail boxes. And Max, fancy boy, you just gotta love a dog who stays on the path IN HIS OWN BACKYARD!

with all the big rocks in and several days of spring break left, DH proceeded to move a couple more tons of rocks into the backyard. These are much smaller, but no less heavy in mass quantities. All the smaller areas are filled in now, only the large main area remains.

and now for the shocking conclusion to the weekend activities...........

The neighbors painted their house BRIGHT PURPLE! Of course, I am perturbed by this glowing color, it's so bright it actually hurts. So, I'm outside working with DH when the neighbor pokes his head over the fence to ask me how I like the color, well, what the heck am I supposed to say. First of all, I really don't know this guy at all, they have lived there for well over a year and this is the first time I've every talked to him. So our first exchange of pleasantries is me trying to be diplomatic and saying things like, "Wow, that's really a bold choice" and "to each his own", which anyone who's not a complete dumb bunny can interpret as "I hate the color and what the hell were you thinking, buddy". I'm not sure he will ever speak to me again, hee hee.