Sunday, February 7, 2010

An audience with the Queen

We are in the process of re-arranging the living , yet again, and I have become motivated to finish the Africa quilt to hang in the living room. After blowing the dust off the machine and quilting supplies and digging out all the fabric I spent a little time figuring out where I was in the process (too little time as it turns out).  
 
Eager to restart, I carefully pinned the black strip to the colored squares and merrily sewed up the first seam in more than a year.  Well, let me tell you, what a rude surprise I got when I started to iron the seam open and D'OH I sewed the right side of the strip to the wrong side of the colored squares.  Such a rookie mistake!  It's been too long since I spent quality time with Queen Bernina, my lovely sewing machine, and somehow she is extracting her revenge for my neglect by blinding my eyes, because what do you think happened on the VERY NEXT SEAM?  Yup, you guessed it, wrong again, arghh!

So, my  plan for today, Super Bowl Sunday, is to whisper sweet words of praise to the lovely Queen until we are friends once again and can work together to get this Africa quilt completed and up where it belongs on the living room wall.