Sunday, October 17, 2010

All fired up!

Woo Hoo, big day here at homestead, we finally got all the basics in place and FIRED UP THE TORCH for the 1st time, Yah! I'd be doing the major, highstepping happy dance if I weren't so darn sore from all the work.
We had to have an additional electrical line run out to the garage as the kiln draws 20amps all by itself and we knew the existing electrical in the garage was inadequate.  Craig dug the trench and I filled it after our contractor laid the conduit.  We also had the house windows replaced this week. Between sanding, painting, cleaning, assembling furniture and shoveling dirt all weekend, I am just too sore tonight to make use of the lovely,new workspace.

However, I did spend at least a half an hour walking around in glee that it's finally ready to go.
 Now I need to accessorize with lots of pretty, shiny glass, I can't wait.

The creativity will start flowing as soon as I come through this lovely, new glass door to the garage studio.