Saturday, March 28, 2015

AP Construction continues

The AP system construction was interrupted last week as Aidan and I spent his Spring Break in California visiting family and good friends.

Aidan had a blast as Master Fire Poker





and Apprentice Pasta Maker

and Flying Trampoline Man



While I got to hang with the Beautiful People (one of whom is made of wax, I'll let you guess which one)



Meanwhile back home, the AP system is coming along slowly, but surely.

All the IBC's are cut and staged in the patio.  
 
A test fit of the 3 grow bed layout looks like a perfect fit!

The support blocks are painted and glued together (for extra stability, cuz water is heavy!).  I chose a happy green color for the blocks, in part because Aidan informed me that the all white walls were "so boring".  He approves of this color :)

Next is putting it all together using the kit of "special" PVC parts from the local Aquaponics Source store in Longmont.  I should only need to purchase and cut the straight runs of PVC pipe.

I'm really looking forward to the plumbing part, I think it's going to be like adult level Tinker Toys :)

Happy Spring!