Monday, February 16, 2009

Beading the Swallowtail

I finally finished all 19 of the budding lace repeats on the Swallowtail shawl, whew! Jardee ran out of yarn on hers, so purchased another skein of yarn of the same dye lot from my local yarn shop (LYN), Spin a Yarn, for insurance. I just learned she ran out of beads too, aargh, I guess I'll just watch my supply and hopefully beads are not like yarn in that the color varies by dye lot.

Now I get to do the exciting Lily of the Valley pattern, adding the beads as needed to represent the little flower buds in the pattern. I feel like a magpie who just really likes sparkly things! As an odd side note, the beads have a strong peppermint smell and taste (sometimes I have to use my teeth as a third hand) due being stored in a little breath mint tin : )