Saturday, March 12, 2011

Flowers

Spring is on the way, and flowers are coming soon.  In anticipation, Manny and I would like to present these:


the above are made from Blueberry Marble color Italian glass with simple white "daisies", 15mm rounds with a 2.4mm( 3/32") hole.

I also tried to make a sculptural flower from the Italian glass. This requires a bit more skill and heat control of the glass to prevent it from cracking (when the glass cools too quickly in one area of the bead, then gets heat again, PING).  I like the color which looks pinkish purple under some light and light blue under other lights.
Made from Light Transparent Lavender with a yellow center, overall about 25mm with a 2.4mm hole.  I put the silver spiral in just to dress it up a bit.  It reminds me a bit of a water lily, but I had no real design in mind, just messing around with the glass.