Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BLING!!

you might think with all the mad scientist experiments, dental origami and garden touring that I'm not getting much glass and jewelry done.  Well, your probably right, but I did get some stuff finished up recently.

flower-like decoration on enamel "ombre" beads. I'm really loving the enamels right now, I got a sample pack with 42 colors, so yeah, I think I will be playing with these for quite a while.


frit beads with silver spirals

more enamels and some flower looking murrini, this will eventually be a pendant and earring set

completed necklace and earring set, every bit of this was handmade by ME! It's my personal favorite so far.

sweet hearts for a sweetheart of a daughter

and now some fun with aquarium themed murrini & blue GLOW powder, woo hoo
 
  
I just love the goldfish, even if his brother got fat in the smaller earring bead

on a more serious and elegant (I think so anyway) note, I present these little pretties made with bronze wire

The next glassy adventure is making some drawer pulls for Mary's new built-in desk.  After several fails I've got one success sitting on my desk at work and another (success I hope) in the kiln tonight!  Pictures to come when the whole set of 9 is complete.