Friday, May 13, 2011

Dental Origami

We have a great dentist, he's skilled, pragmatic, and funny (which is important since he has to do 95% of the talking while he's got his fingers my mouth).  My only gripe with the dentist is how he sends the bills for payment. He mails a standard letter size (8.5 x 11 inches ) bill statement with a return envelope only 3.5 x 6.5 inches.

 I simply cannot make myself just cut a check and put it into the return envelope with no indication of an account number or something to connect the check to my bill.  So, I try to take the tri-folded statement and simply shorten it to fit into the 6.5" wide envelope.  No dice, because, of course, it's too tall now, so yet another fold to make it fit into the 3.5 inch high envelope. By this time the bill has been folded multiple times and it's getting kind of bulky.
As I am doing all this folding and stuffing I'm thinking  "sheesh, I've got to do freakin origami just to pay the dental bill". Which then lead me to create this message for my dentist.




 I am highly tempted to do this with the next bill I get with the too small return envelope.