Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bamboo Tank Top

whoo hoo, the bamboo tank top I started in April while in Hawaii is finally done. Long after summer, and of course it is in the 40's today so modeling it for the photo was an exercise in self discipline (we are trying to keep down the electrical bill). The top is actually a bit shorter than I anticipated, maybe because I've gained at least 10 pounds since I started and am perhaps a bit more "voluptuous", hmmm.

Things I wish came out better:

  • the neck edge is rough and uneven
  • not sure I did the seams correctly, they will hold, but came out as a double row of "sticking" out stitches on the side and the shoulder seams are thick causing it to stick up a little too much.

Things I like about it:

  • the V-neck is a reasonable length (not too revealing)
  • I kept the pattern really well (only a couple of minor mistakes, no one but me will ever notice)
  • the color and feel of the yarn!
  • the drape of the garment