Sunday, December 28, 2008

Noro Mitts

12/20/08 I started this hopefully simple project for the long drive to and from LA using this online pattern for fingerless mittens using a single skein of Noro yarn.

12/21/08 3rd times the charm for the cast on, silly me, I forgot that my circulars had to be SHORTER the the circumference of the knitted object. After an emergency run to Joanne’s for DPN’s I am on my way.
12/22/08 I guess 3rd time isn’t the charm as I have knitted up about 10 rows, tried it on and realized that the wrist is really quite a bit too large for me. So, with a gauge of 4st/in and a wrist of just over 5.5in circumference I am going to cast on 27 stitches instead of the 32 called for in the pattern.

12/25/08 finished most of the left hand mitt on the 7 hour drive to LA, whew! I’m not quite sure how to pick up and knit for the thumb stitches, so I think I will save this and ask my knitting mentor later and just start on the right mitt for the long drive home. So far, I am loving the color and feel. Now that they have seen some of my FO’s my sister-inlaw and mom-inlaw want some knitted stuff too!

garter stitch edge, very easy and I think it looks nice too.

I knit the right hand mitt on the way home and finished that one to the same point. Now, I only need to finish the thumbs.