Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finished Pegboard

The tools of the trade : ) I used old file folders to make very stiff "interfacing" for the border fabric. Originally I was going to glue the fabric to the interfacing, the glue it to the board, but that began to seem quite messy and I thought it might lead to unfixable mistakes, so I went a different way.

I carefully folded and ironed the fabric to wrap around the interfacing,

then sewed it along the edge with metallic gold thread. Then I glued the strips onto the pegboard to form an inner, decorative border to tie it in with the rest of the deco.

I put up all kinds of fun hooks, mounted everything I could find that had holes to hang and even managed to mount my cute little Bernina accessory holder box. I also cut up a used, giant ibuprofen bottle, covered it in the trim fabric and mounted it as a pen holder. I love it!